Holds block initial enrollment and delivery of transcripts and diplomas. A hold will remain on the account until a full repayment or requirement is satisfied. Balances may be paid by cash, certified funds, or credit card.
If payment is by personal paper check or online eCheck, the account holder will be required to wait up to two weeks until the payment has cleared the bank to enroll or secure a transcript or diploma.
Contact Student Accounts & Receivables for questions or assistance regarding the following holds:
- Past Due Balance: You owe KU money. Pay online or at the cashier’s office on the appropriate campus.
- Student Loan Hold KULC: You have a past due amount on your Perkins/HPSL/LDS Loan. If a loan is 90 days past due, a "Past Due" hold is placed on your student account. Once this loan has been placed with an outside collection agency, a "Default" hold is placed. The hold will remain on your account until the entire outstanding balance of the loan is paid in full.
- When a Perkins/HPSL/LDS borrower graduates, leaves, or drops below half-time status, they are federally required to do an exit interview for their loan. An "Exit Interview" hold will remain on the account until requirements are met.
- Student Accounts & Receivables Hold: Your student account reflects past nonpayment status.
- Returned Check: Your personal check was not accepted. Payment must be remitted with cash, certified funds, or credit card.